Saturday, December 19, 2020

Catgirl Mojo and Mini Rant

 

A really long time ago I tried to maintain a website called catgirlmojo.com. It didn't last, but it was a fun project.

I used it to post all my anthropomorphic pinup work and a weekly webcomic. But y'know... I am not really cut out for that sort of high maintenance artistic lifestyle. Plus I'm not a furry so I am not dedicated to funny animal art. I just treat it like any other kind of art and do it when the mood strikes.

This was also the era before I started drawing digitally. I have mixed feelings about this.

I absolutely love drawing on my tablet. It's liberating. I don't have to hunch over my paper. I can see what the fuck I'm doing. I don't have to buy art tools. And Jesus fuck have you seen how expensive art tools are these days? Markers I used to buy for $2.99 (expensive then) are closer to $8 now. Holy fuck.

Maybe that's why I'm seeing so many artists doing pencil or ballpoint pen work on Instagram. Or maybe it's just the algorithm clocking me.

Anyhoo. There's a charm to drawing on paper that you can't capture digitally. I miss drawing on paper for that reason. Also... I have no originals to sell from my digital era. I can do prints, sign them, and sell them. But you ain't getting an original because, y'know... it ain't there. /firstworldrant



No comments:

Post a Comment