Thursday, September 10, 2020

The Great 4x6 Generation

 A while back... like 10 years I guess... I did a lot of sketches and drawings on a simple 4x6 inch digital canvas. It was a quick and dirty way to sketch and doodle and create some fun stuff. These days I'm more relaxed and random with my canvas sizes (digital, after all), though I do still have a very strong small press background and so I constantly think about how the aspect ratio of the image would work in a mini, digest, or standard comic size printed book. I believe it's a good think to think ahead.





As an aside, it's interesting to me to consider how I draw faces over the years. Sometimes I'm doing big almond eyes and huge lips and other times I'm doing weird Bode eyes and upturned noses. I don't have a specific way I do this. Or at least I don't know if I do. Maybe as a viewer you see a pattern overall.

To wit:



No comments:

Post a Comment