Saturday, September 12, 2020

Barbara Falcon and Bode Stuff

I have spoken many times about my love for the art of Vaughn Bode. Truth is, I have not experienced all of his published works nor have I even read most of what I have looked at. I have always had a habit of page flipping, just looking at the layout and the art of a book and not actually reading it. I did this with my old D&D books all the time. It is a habit I should change.


This morning while screwing around online I stumbled on this page speaking to the death of Barbara Falcon, commonly known as Barbara Bode due to her 11-year marriage to the Guru. Reading this made me wonder just what it was like for Barbara and for Mark to be in Vaughn's life. Vaughn Bode strikes me as the kind of person who exists on a plane separate from most others. A seeker of self-truth, relentlessly in pursuit of something just out of his grasp. I imagine this must have made for a tumultuous home life for his family.

Honestly I didn't even know Barbara was dead. It's not like I'm a Bode stalker, keeping up with it all. I know that Mark Bode is definitely active and doing cool shit.

13 years after the fact, RIP Barbara Falcon. She was, by all accounts, a beautiful soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment